Sunday, June 7, 2009

A little info on appointments for the girls!!!


We finally have appointments set up for Addison and Lillie! If you remembered me saying due to Addison having issues with asthma,well her ped said it would be a good idea for her to see a allergist to get tested for all foods to see if food could be contributing to her severe eczema and the asthma as well.So she has a consultation appt for the doctor to meet with her and discuss what has been going on with her body!Then the next appt will be for her to get the food pick test where they prick her back with various foods to see if her skin reacts!then they will take blood as well to see if it shows up in the blood work if we find her to be allergic to any foods we will be removing them or giving them in moderation what ever the doctor says is best for Addioson!The first appt for Addison is July 1st @8am.

Lillie is getting her food allergy test on July 6 @4pm!This test will show if she is allergic to fruits,veggies,and spices!If we find anything that she is allergic to we will be taking those out of her diet as well as the others we have taken out of her diet!due to the fact that it will cause her to get worse with the Eosinophilic esophagitis symptoms and will cause her to not heal!This autoimmune disease is not curable but is treatable!So we want to do our best in helping to subside the symptoms the best we can as parents!I don't like that she cant eat what wee as a family eat and Iam slowly learning how to make things for her seem not as bad as it seems for me as I feel as though she cant eat alot!I accept her illness as this is what God has chosen for Lillie and us as a family!Iam learning so much more as God reveals to me more and more each day!Lillie has develpoed cramping in her feet during the day and says "owie mommy"!I must say she has done this before we found out her main diagnoses but I never knew what was going on with her besides the fact her body was sick and I had to kinda just figure it out!I never did know why she was saying that her feet hurt until I read it was one of the symptoms that goes with EE along with fatigue and body aces throughout the body!So I was so thankful to God for showing me all the things that have allowed Tony and I to care for our little Girl!
Lillie also has a appt on July 10 @10am at Childrens Hospital in Oakland to get put under anesthesia for her esaphagus and stomach to be scoped with a camera and biopsied to see how everything looks and to count her eosinophils!Basically the eosinophils tells us how bad or good she is doing since they are what is causing her problems!Since Lillie was not being treated for the EE before 2 weeks ago(she has had no treatment since she was diagnosed when she was 1 1/2 yrs.)! As I explained in my other blog post!
I pray and hope all goes well during the first week or so in July as we will be busy with taking care of these little girls of ours that God in trusted to us!We trust in his perfect plan for our family and rest in knowing this.

6 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Thanks for the update, lady! Know that we rejoice when you rejoice and weep with you when life is harder!!!
Love you guys!

Matt5verse6 said...

Dear sister in Christ. It is so beautiful to watch you press into God and look to Him for His sovereignty and timing. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the trial and lose focus on Him while obsessing to fix the problem that He has ordained. All for our good and His glory. Love you lots! I will be praying that God willing the beginning of July goes smoothly for your precious family. Much love. ♥

For His Glory said...

I'm so thankful to God that He has revealed in His good time what it is Lillie has had this whole time, I know it has been a huge burden to you and Tony...I love you!

Reflections of Humility said...

Your in my prayers and thoughts!! Thank you for sharing what the Lord is doing!! I love getting the update.
Love you!!

Ross and Lisa said...

Hi, Crystal! Thank you so much for the sweet words of encouragement!!! I have not blogged in a while due to the fact that we were surprised and blessed to find out that we are expecting our forth child. I am ashamed to admit this, but this is actually the first time I have been online since you posted a comment. God has a plan for the families with this disease and I am happy that He has brought us together. I will be checking in. Good luck and God bless. If you have any questions or need encouragement, please feel free to ask!!

Angie said...

Does that doll have a NG-tube???

We have a Dora doll that I had surgery on last year and now she has a permanent G-tube! :)

Crazy, right? Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.