Thursday, August 6, 2009

FOOD IDEAS.......


About a month ago our family was invited to go to Tony's cousins son birthday party and I had started talking to this girl Lizzy! We went to highschool together.She had asked me about Lillie and we started talking and she had asked me if I had heard about the Vegan food and I had no clue about it but heard a couple of times of it on a support group for parents with EE children . So she told me a little about it and how they have stores in several places and one being in Sacramento (45 mins from our home). So after the party we said by and that was that.
So over the last 4 weeks I have been trying to think of foods to feed Lillie!I have been so focused on what she cant have because she will get sick! That I found myself feeding her the same things weekly and feeling as though my mind was stuck on ideas!So I started praying that God would help me with different ideas of food to feed her! So the other night I made caned re fried beans and I had took out a nice size bowl for Lillie and put cheese in the pot!Well Lillie loved them so much she ate the whole bowl and wanted more of them!So as I went to get her more I realized she could not have more because cheese was in them!I always give Lillie food any time she wants it only because Its such a issue in her life So I felt really bad that I couldn't give her more! So the next day I went to the store to get the pinto beans and googled how to make them in my crock pot because I wanted to make sure she could have all the pinto beans she wanted without being told" NO" I made them and gave her them and she loved them just like the caned ones "YEAH" I froze the rest in daily portions so I could just pull her food out for the day!I actually Iam working on making her food 1 day out of the month to make a months supply of her own foods!Okay so 2 days ago Tony's cousin Jessica calls me and says Lizzy the one I had been talking to at the party had sent me a book to her house (The one at the top of my post what she had been talking to me about!Its 130 ideas for making foods free of animal,no dairy,no fish,wheat,gluten,peanuts,tree nuts:)basically its a vegetarian book but it still gives me so many ideas and really Lillie is living like a vegetarian besides the fact she can have turkey,chicken and pork!I cant explain how happy I was that the lord had heard my prayer and answered it in a person who I really wasn't close to!The fact that Lizzy cared that much to take the time to buy a 20.00 book and to send it to Jess to give to me was such a blessing and made my day! What a huge hug from God!Oh and that lunch box on the front is called "Lap Top lunch box and you can find it at http://www.laptoplunches.com/ They have all kinds of neat things on there!I know many of you like to feed your children healthy things and this is why these 2 women are the founders for these boxes!You can feed them healthy foods away from home in a neat box that comes with a insulated cover and ice pack!It can get pricey but to me its a one time buy and worth it. PS I think I will look on e-bay first :)

5 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Oh Crystal, isn't it so neat to see God provide in ways that you couldn't have thought of yourself even if you tried!!!
And I think what you are planning on doing with making up the meals ahead is a great idea!!!

Reflections of Humility said...

We serve a personal God!! What a blessing and an encouragement.

Reflections of Humility said...

Other cookbooks I found on Amazon...
Special Eats Simple, Delicious Solutions for Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Cooking [PRINT] (Spiral-bound)
by Sueson Louise Vess (Author)

What Do We Eat Tonight? How to Live With Food Allergies - A Practical Guide to Selecting Foods and Creating a Rotation Diet. by Dianna Barra

The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook: Delicious Dairy-Free Cheeses and Classic "Uncheese" Dishes by Jo Stepaniak

Learn to Cook Wheat, Gluten and Dairy Free: 100 Step-by-step Recipes by Antoinette Savill

Matt5verse6 said...

Way cool. What an unexpected blessing!!!...of which you deserve MANY!!! Praise God for He is SO good!!! :) ♥ P.S. I hope you guys had a great time at family camp!!!

For His Glory said...

I still am so tickled for you that this sweet gal thought to do this for you!! Tell her thank you from your big sis too if you havn't alreday thanked her :)